Carpet Anemone Lovin, show off your Carpets!!!

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2016
Messages
1,163
Reaction score
1,443
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets see them nems!

tricks and advice on these critters! is also welcome!

I purchased a peach carpet today! anyone else have a peach?! post up below!
 
Here is a pic of my peach carpet! The colors aren't really coming through under the kessil with my phone, but it's very peachy.

IMG_5855.JPG


IMG_5856.JPG
 
Here is a pic of my peach carpet! The colors aren't really coming through under the kessil with my phone, but it's very peachy.

Can you get a pic of the foot and verracue? At first glance, it looks like you scored a Mertensii...if so, nice find. Realize that they grow to mammoth proportions and behave similarly to a Haddoni.
 
What lighting are you guys using on your carpets I am currently running a kessil 160 tuna blue. It is in acclimation mode right now having a slightly difficult time getting him to stick... tank is 1yr old and has a 3 inch sand bed. I've had carpets but not this species thoughts?
 
Caribbean carpet?!

You know, I never knew. My long past LFS owner asked me to take him (always called him "big boy") he had jus been in the shop to long unsold.
Past tense because I gave him away during tank tear down for move
 
You know, I never knew. My long past LFS owner asked me to take him (always called him "big boy") he had jus been in the shop to long unsold.
Past tense because I gave him away during tank tear down for move
Looks like it was a Caribbean to me!!! The lines and colors give that away! Beautiful none the less!
 
That last one is a haddoni. Common with those stripes.

For lights, my tanks are 100% LED. I'm using reefledlights.com XTC fixture with home center 5k spots added next to the XTC fixtures. Spots are not dimmed. XTC is running at about 95% intensity. 1.5 hour ramp time up and down.

9:00 XTC starts ramping up.
10:30 XTC at 95% intensity.

5k spots on at 12:00
5k spots off at 8:30

9:30pm XTC start ramping down.
11:00 XTC is in night mode, replicating actual current moon intensity all night.

Carpets do really well with rediculous amounts of light.
 
That last one is a haddoni. Common with those stripes.

For lights, my tanks are 100% LED. I'm using reefledlights.com XTC fixture with home center 5k spots added next to the XTC fixtures. Spots are not dimmed. XTC is running at about 95% intensity. 1.5 hour ramp time up and down.

9:00 XTC starts ramping up.
10:30 XTC at 95% intensity.

5k spots on at 12:00
5k spots off at 8:30

9:30pm XTC start ramping down.
11:00 XTC is in night mode, replicating actual current moon intensity all night.

Carpets do really well with rediculous amounts of light.
I want to increase the light but not sure if I should run more than 45% intensity right now? And more white or blue?? I'm not sure right now I'm more blue
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new