Carpet Anemone Lovin, show off your Carpets!!!

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well well well look what I found!!!

IMG_5971.JPG

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taylor T, I always have enjoyed seeing your tanks...wish I had access to some additional Gigs. I am originally from Roselle, IL and head back there a few times a year to see family. Any places to check out in the area that are a must? Any have Gigs available most times?

elfda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is really helpful. I was looking to purchase a haddoni for the lightning clowns I'm getting, but now maybe I won't! I'm really in love with carpet anemones.
Just also keep in mind that if you react to their stings, it'll be a really gnarly one; I have a scar, now.

Gorgeous animals, and if you don't have your arms in there very much, you'll be fine.

...just, ya know, feed them.

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is really helpful. I was looking to purchase a haddoni for the lightning clowns I'm getting, but now maybe I won't! I'm really in love with carpet anemones.
That's what it's here for!!! glad we could help! If you want one of these animals just make sure you take into consideration all of its requirements! Glad you didn't go out and get one if you don't think it would work, love responsible reef keeping :)

Taylor t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taylor T, I always have enjoyed seeing your tanks...wish I had access to some additional Gigs. I am originally from Roselle, IL and head back there a few times a year to see family. Any places to check out in the area that are a must? Any have Gigs available most times?
Thanks. I got 4 of mine from aqua pros in glen ellyn. The rest of them I got from a fellow reefer that got out, Peter. He found most of the gigs I have, and I bought his when he got out.

Taylor t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haddoni are carpets. Not knowing the difference, I highly advise educating yourself on them. Gigs are not a beginners carpet. They sure are beautiful though. There are Pros and cons of different species., different flow and tank mates mainly.

Valkyrie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know haddoni's are carpets and your tone is condescending. What I was saying is that maybe I won't since I've read some negative comments in regards to them. This thread "is helpful".

Valkyrie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just also keep in mind that if you react to their stings, it'll be a really gnarly one; I have a scar, now.

Gorgeous animals, and if you don't have your arms in there very much, you'll be fine.

...just, ya know, feed them.

If the pics I'm remembering are the carpet stings! Yea ouch!!

Valkyrie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what it's here for!!! glad we could help! If you want one of these animals just make sure you take into consideration all of its requirements! Glad you didn't go out and get one if you don't think it would work, love responsible reef keeping :)

I've got plenty of time and I'm in no hurry. The clowns arrive in March, they'll be quarantine for 2.5 months afterwards and I'm not even close to ready for any of the carpets. I'm still in the learning phase.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally broke down and got my first carpet. I have bts, maxi minis, tubes, rocks, but no carpets. It is doing well. It is currently in the sump because I am waiting for the two clowns in there to bond with it and hopefully moving to display. It refused to foot through sand that I had up to 4" for, so I added a nice concave rock and it footed immediately and has stayed for weeks now.

It is a haddoni and just a nice green and white striped one. Nothing fancy , but it is still beautiful. I do not have a pic yet. The clowns are clarkiis and took to it on day one of its move to sump from qt. I just want the nem to grow a bit more before moving it.

Good luck valkyrie. It is a big move. BTAs are a bit more forgiving. Although, I cannot keep green ones. No idea why.

Taylor t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haddoni are carpets. Not knowing the difference, I highly advise educating yourself on them. Gigs are not a beginners carpet. They sure are beautiful though. There are Pros and cons of different species., different flow and tank mates mainly.
I know haddoni's are carpets and your tone is condescending. What I was saying is that maybe I won't since I've read some negative comments in regards to them. This thread "is helpful".
My sincere apologies. I didn't mean to sound condescending at all. I misread your post. I'm sorry. I thought you were wanting a haddoni, but changed your mind and wanted a carpet. I misread your post I'm sorry. I never know who has what kind of experience, and see all kinds of dumb stuff done, just trying to help that's all. :)

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is one of two I have. The one not shown is white with an ochre center but it's very hard to photograph. Actually you can see it at the top. It's that bright white patch. It faces up towards the light so photos are just a white blur.
IMG_20170131_201159073.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back