Carpet Buried Itself

  • Thread starter Thread starter T-J
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2019
Messages
3,502
Reaction score
3,988
Location
Phoenix
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up my first carpet anemone in my 20+ years of reefkeeping. After putting it in the tank, it buried its foot in the sand and was fully out. The next day after the lights came on, it almost completely retracted into the sand and stayed that way all day. Then that night, it came fully out.

Today the same thing happened, so I decided to put something to block most of the light from it. That seemed to make it stay about half out for the day.

Is this a normal reaction to new lighting? The tank it was in at the store did not have good lighting, so I’m guessing it’s adjusting but wanted to make sure. It’s sitting in about 100-150 par.

Also, it devoured a whole krill today. Tentacles are very sticky and it reacted to the food immediately.
 
Yep mine did the same thing when I first got it. Give it time...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new