Carpet Nem Dying??

Drew1600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings all,

I was gifted a free mini carpet nem a few days back. He has retracted up under the rock work and now has an open mouth. Is he on the way out? Should I remove or leave him be? Thank you very much for the time and help, it is greatly appreciated. Nitrates are slightly high, around 10-15 normally, pH runs slightly low at 7.8-8.0, salinity slightly high at 36. All other params normal.

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings all,

I was gifted a free mini carpet nem a few days back. He has retracted up under the rock work and now has an open mouth. Is he on the way out? Should I remove or leave him be? Thank you very much for the time and help, it is greatly appreciated. Nitrates are slightly high, around 10-15 normally, pH runs slightly low at 7.8-8.0, salinity slightly high at 36. All other params normal.
Oddly, my bubble tip did this when I got it. I flipped over the rock it's on, and it's been fine since. clearly that's not saying that's the same luck you would have...but I really thought mine was going to die. it's all bubbled up, and hasn't moved in 3 weeks

OP
OP
Drew1600

Drew1600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much saltyfins. I will leave him be and continue to observe. Don't want to lose the little guy but also scared of him dying and nuking the nano tank... Thanks again though! Should I attempt to move him at all or just leave him in peace?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back