Carpet Surfing Clown

Salt1972

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of our new mocha clowns jumped out of the tank tonight. I checked the tank on the way to bed and discovered her on the ground. I held her in front of a powerhead for a couple of minutes and she came to and is swimming erratically. Is there ANYTHING I can do to help?

We JUST went through a tragedy where we lost ALL fish last weekend and my wife brought this bonded pair of clowns as a way to get back in the hobby.

Gary S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of our new mocha clowns jumped out of the tank tonight. I checked the tank on the way to bed and discovered her on the ground. I held her in front of a powerhead for a couple of minutes and she came to and is swimming erratically. Is there ANYTHING I can do to help?

We JUST went through a tragedy where we lost ALL fish last weekend and my wife brought this bonded pair of clowns as a way to get back in the hobby.
At this rate the best thing you can honestly do is wait it out. Air stone may help some by putting more disolved o2...How long do you think it was on the ground?

OP
OP
Salt1972

Salt1972

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this rate the best thing you can honestly do is wait it out. Air stone may help some by putting more disolved o2...How long do you think it was on the ground?

No idea. There was some moisture and she did come to after a minute or so in front of the powerhead. It's been 15 minutes or so and she's swimming... Not sure it's normal, but swimming. Lights are off and she's new to us, so I don't know normal behavior yet. Thanks for any help.

Gary S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea. There was some moisture and she did come to after a minute or so in front of the powerhead. It's been 15 minutes or so and she's swimming... Not sure it's normal, but swimming. Lights are off and she's new to us, so I don't know normal behavior yet. Thanks for any help.
What's her breathing like?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Salt1972

Salt1972

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Near miss. Thankfully, she's OK this morning.

VOLS - is stray voltage a cause for jumping? I've been reading Brew's posts about grounding probes and thinking that I should do something. Are you in Knoxville?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Near miss. Thankfully, she's OK this morning.

VOLS - is stray voltage a cause for jumping? I've been reading Brew's posts about grounding probes and thinking that I should do something. Are you in Knoxville?
Brew's "the man" when it comes to stray voltage, but you need a screen top too.

Glad she's okay :) and clowns can be jumper's :eek:

Been going to Neyland since 1983, but I live right outside of Nashville.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back