Cat Black Basslet and LED lighting?

themadman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I realize it's Black Cap Basslet but my 6 yr old son can't get it right and calls it Cat Black Basslet and it cracks me up! Lol. My question is how do they do with LED lighting? I've read they prefer subdued lighting? I've got 2 Radion XR15 Pro G4 over my 75 gallon so it's not crazy crazy lighting. But I have SPS so I definitely don't run them subdued. I don't want any fish unhappy with their environment in my tank so I thought it was a good question to ask. Anyone have these and see issues with lighting? Thanks!

OP
OP
themadman

themadman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish will acclimate nicely. As long as you have ample caves/overhangs for him to get out if the sun if need be, then your lighting shouldn't be an issue at all

Awesome, thank you! We are still searching for a fish that will be "my son's fish" and this is the next on the list to research. This might be the one! Thanks again!

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They may be more shy at first. I have black cap basslets in tanks I take care of with sps. Once used to the lighting they are out and about, even under 400w halides.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More than one in the same tank?
I take care of a few tanks, so there are single specimens in a few of those tanks.

There is a pr in one tank, but it is a 10' tank. However, they are usually near each other.

Grammas are colonial fish by nature and can work out in aquaria, provided the specimens are young, added simultaneously, and can each have their own territory.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I take care of a few tanks, so there are single specimens in a few of those tanks.

There is a pr in one tank, but it is a 10' tank. However, they are usually near each other.

Grammas are colonial fish by nature and can work out in aquaria, provided the specimens are young, added simultaneously, and can each have their own territory.

So maybe 2 small in my 240 added at the same time?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back