Catching Rogue Clown

Jbyrd71

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a clown fish that is wreaking having in my tank. He has killed the last three additions to my tank. I made a bottle trap and a trap from a critter cage. Bait the traps and wait days, just about every fish will go in except this obstinate clown. Is there anything else I can do to catch this fish besides removing all rock from the tank?!

dylana407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns would attack my hand when it is within striking distance of their crib. They will swim in and around my palm to attack. I literally tap their forehead to stop them from attacking me. They are slow swimmers. So easy to catch.
Anyway, they like mysis. Maybe you can get them out of hiding with mysis?

OP
OP
Jbyrd71

Jbyrd71

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns would attack my hand when it is within striking distance of their crib. They will swim in and around my palm to attack. I literally tap their forehead to stop them from attacking me. They are slow swimmers. So easy to catch.
Anyway, they like mysis. Maybe you can get them out of hiding with mysis?
Thank you.

Fishnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance your clown sleeps out in the open? Mine always sleep in the corner of the tank for some crazy reason so at nighttime it is easy to net them.

OP
OP
Jbyrd71

Jbyrd71

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance your clown sleeps out in the open? Mine always sleep in the corner of the tank for some crazy reason so at nighttime it is easy to net them.
They for in the BTA. I tried being them at night but was concerned that they were to close to it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back