Cawlidge Hawkey/Frozen Four fans?

swiss1939

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed a lot of reefers on here and youtube in the Great Lakes/Midwest region plus @Bulk Reef Supply in Minnesota. This got me wondering how many other reefers are college hockey fans and or go to the Frozen Four every year?

I've never been much of a sports fan with the one exception of hockey. I grew up in Providence RI, payed hockey growing up, and went to PC Friars/Brown hockey games every weekend with my father. I did not go to either school, or any D1 sports school (went to art school), so I am more a fan of all the original Hockey East teams equally, with a slight lean towards the Friars since that was my teams home rink and who I went to see most as a kid.

I go to the Frozen Four every year with my father and a few other guys as it is one trip I look forward to every year. My first Frozen Four was my sophomore year of high school in 1995 when it was in Providence. My father surprised me at school by showing up and pulling me out of class to go! I still have the program from it which I got Brad Faxon's autograph on cause he was sitting near us!

IMG_20200707_101426.jpg

My father started going every year in around 2001 or 2002, but I was in college at the time and didn't have time to go. It wasn't until I was in grad school in NYC in 2007 when I finally started going every year with him and some other friends. As an adult, I work in sports television (ironic cause I don't really watch sports) and have worked on the road for both the March Madness basketball tournament and the Super Bowl two years ago. While college hockey isn't nearly as much attendance as March Madness games, their fanbase is way more die hard and over the past 13-14 years of going, I pretty much can recognize every other regular Frozen Four die hard and know many of them from hanging out at the bars in each city every year.

This got me wondering if any other reef2reef users go to the frozen four and if so, it would be cool to meet up at the tournament and have a reef2reef gathering!

If you are a fan, share your experience and who your team is!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 56 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back