Neptune EB832 - fan

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I repaired my eb832 and that went well. Once put back together though the internal fan is now making a ton of noise. I tried using hot glue, oil, and cleaning it with no luck. I want to replace the fan but I do not know the size - has anyone replaced theirs and know what size/voltage to purchase?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I repaired my eb832 and that went well. Once put back together though the internal fan is now making a ton of noise. I tried using hot glue, oil, and cleaning it with no luck. I want to replace the fan but I do not know the size - has anyone replaced theirs and know what size/voltage to purchase?
I would call customer support as a suggestion. My EB needed replacement due to a similar issue

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would call customer support as a suggestion. My EB needed replacement due to a similar issue
Yea, I intend to repair it on my own again as it's a very easy fix. I already re soldered a new voltage regulator, changing the fan will be cake.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea, I intend to repair it on my own again as it's a very easy fix. I already re soldered a new voltage regulator, changing the fan will be cake.
So - just curious - what was the question?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What is the size and voltage of the fan so I can buy one and repair it
OH all good - just call Neptune. They will tell you

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
30x30x6 fan. Needs to be 2 pin, 5VDC. I'm not in the USA @ the moment, so looking it up on amazon.fr is a pain. You can source one easy enough.
Thanks!!!

They don't want you to be able to fix it yourself.
I know...which is why I originally asked here lol

They aren't gonna tell you anything besides send it in and we will sell you a refurbished for (IIRC) 170ish dollars.
exactly, no thanks!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They aren't gonna tell you anything besides send it in and we will sell you a refurbished for (IIRC) 170ish dollars.
Actually - the reason I suggested it - is that (this was before the current corporate arrangement) I never had a problem asking them about replacement parts - as well as troubleshooting over the phone requiring taking the unit apart. The second reason was that the OP already had problems replacing the first fan - I guess I assumed that since he had the old one - he could tell some kind of part number etc. I'm not a big Apex fan however. I hope the OP has luck in finding what he needs

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
30x30x6 fan. Needs to be 2 pin, 5VDC. I'm not in the USA @ the moment, so looking it up on amazon.fr is a pain. You can source one easy enough.
Do you happen to know what amperage draw it is? Not having much luck finding one on amazon but ebay has a few options.

Gudhjem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this based on some advice on this forum when I asked the same question. haven't installed ityet.

GeeekPi Raspberry Pi 4 Fan 30x30x7mm DC Brushless CPU Cooling Fan 3.3V 5V with 7PCS Raspberry Pi Heatsink for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B,3B+,Pi 3 & Pi Zero/Zero W & Retroflag NESPI CASE Plus (2-Pack)​

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought this based on some advice on this forum when I asked the same question. haven't installed ityet.

GeeekPi Raspberry Pi 4 Fan 30x30x7mm DC Brushless CPU Cooling Fan 3.3V 5V with 7PCS Raspberry Pi Heatsink for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B,3B+,Pi 3 & Pi Zero/Zero W & Retroflag NESPI CASE Plus (2-Pack)​

I noticed that these have separate wires and not the molex that the eb832 has. Are you going to cut/solder the old connector to the new fan?

Gudhjem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that these have separate wires and not the molex that the eb832 has. Are you going to cut/solder the old connector to the new fan?
I haven't got that far yet, but yes, if the connector is not the same, I would repurpose the old one.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back