CB Butterfly and Sea Hares=Yummy time

Dsdman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO is it common knowledge that Copper Banded Butterfly fish will eat sea hares? I recently acquired a sea hare to help control a bit of GHA outbreak I was/am having. The little ugly monster was munching happily away one day then running for his life the next! Once the CBB NOTICED HIM IT WAS GAME ON! I think he tried to hide a couple of days but in the end the CBB picked him to death. I found him the other morning ...dead and goowie and eaten on. The CBB seemed very smug and fatter. RIP you ugly little monster....:(

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept watching your vid waiting for the CBB to divebomb in and take a bite. I was gonna type that I wouldn’t have believed it until I saw it in your video. But I guess you seem like a believable guy...

OP
OP
Dsdman

Dsdman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept watching your vid waiting for the CBB to divebomb in and take a bite. I was gonna type that I wouldn’t have believed it until I saw it in your video. But I guess you seem like a believable guy...
That would have been better but every time I saw him eyeballing the monster I would flick the glass to distract him, tried to keep him fed and not hungry but that CBB can eat his weight every hour I think, he moves constantly and is always hunting copepods so I guess he burns through the calories.

Back