CB Cuban basslet price ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jeremyr7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jeremyr7

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2025
Messages
53
Reaction score
29
Location
canoga park
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my journey to acquire rare basslets I’ve recently become friends with someone who has successfully captive bred the Cuban basslet!!! already reached out to a few fish stores on his behalf to see if they would be interested but im curious to see what the public would pay for them. Super healthy specimens.
 
In my journey to acquire rare basslets I’ve recently become friends with someone who has successfully captive bred the Cuban basslet!!! already reached out to a few fish stores on his behalf to see if they would be interested but im curious to see what the public would pay for them. Super healthy specimens.

Biota sells them for $650 right now. Todd Gardner was the original breeder, he works with Biota. One concern is that if his fish are the sole genetic stock, they may become inbred over a few generations if people breed sibling to sibling of his fish and if new wild stock isn't mixed in with them.
 
In my journey to acquire rare basslets I’ve recently become friends with someone who has successfully captive bred the Cuban basslet!!! already reached out to a few fish stores on his behalf to see if they would be interested but im curious to see what the public would pay for them. Super healthy specimens.

Biota sells them for $650 right now. Todd Gardner was the original breeder, he works with Biota. One concern is that if his fish are the sole genetic stock, they may become inbred over a few generations if people breed sibling to sibling of his fish and if new wild stock isn't mixed in with them.
That has always been my worry about these fish when it comes to CB. I do not want to expose anybody’s secrets lol, but I will say from the evidence I’ve seen, he has a FEW wc PAIRS. Maybe not all wc but definitely a few.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new