CBB and potters angel...treatment choices

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these two in qt now. Pics are posted in the fish forum if you want to see them.

I am looking for opinions on which prophylactic treatment to use so I can be sure ich doesn't get through. I can do CP, copper, ttm. Never used hypo so I don't wanna experment with it on these two fish. I will consider any other options as well (Straight to display is not an option I will consider).

The fish have been in qt two weeks and have been out of copper for at least 4 weeks (housed with inverts at lfs). They show no signs of disease. The angel did seem to swim into the power head a couple times so I added a second chunk of sacrificial live rock and he has not been seen doing it since day two in qt. Maybe it was a bit of ammonia. Both fish are eating very well and both come right to me and eat out of my hand. I usually ttm, but I don't want to jeopardize this enthusiastic feeding habit so I'm thinking cp or copper might be better in this instance?

What are people's thoughts on the least stressful treatment to eliminate ich on these particular fish? (Straight to display is not an option I will consider)

Thanks

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these two in qt now. Pics are posted in the fish forum if you want to see them.

I am looking for opinions on which prophylactic treatment to use so I can be sure ich doesn't get through. I can do CP, copper, ttm. Never used hypo so I don't wanna experment with it on these two fish. I will consider any other options as well (Straight to display is not an option I will consider).

The fish have been in qt two weeks and have been out of copper for at least 4 weeks (housed with inverts at lfs). They show no signs of disease. The angel did seem to swim into the power head a couple times so I added a second chunk of sacrificial live rock and he has not been seen doing it since day two in qt. Maybe it was a bit of ammonia. Both fish are eating very well and both come right to me and eat out of my hand. I usually ttm, but I don't want to jeopardize this enthusiastic feeding habit so I'm thinking cp or copper might be better in this instance?

What are people's thoughts on the least stressful treatment to eliminate ich on these particular fish? (Straight to display is not an option I will consider)

Thanks
Coppersafe is my suggestion. I’ve successfully moved both of these fish through it several times. With the CBB watch for infections and uronemia during copper treatment (or any other treatment for that matter).

I’d have kanaplex, furan 2, and metroplex on hand just in case. Ensure it’s eating prior to meds.

OP
OP
G

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. They are both eating and have been through prazi and metro/kannaplex, with no loss of appetite.

OP
OP
G

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Thanks for the advice. Fish are in cp for a week now, my copper was expired

The potters is still a bit off. He swims into the power head more than he did a week ago, but only later in the evening. He is eating well and shows no other symptoms. No ammonia in qt.

He has been through two rounds of prazipro the first week I had him and now has had one dose of general cure as he is in cp and I thought this must be flukes. No change. Second general cure dose is due in the morning but I don't want to do it if it's not helping.

Thinking of fw dipping to confirm flukes, good idea? If flukes are confirmed what should I do next? If flukes are not found what else could be causing this behavior?

I feel fortunate to have both these fish eating very well I don't want screw it up!

Thanks

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back