CBB with nodules on its mouth

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScottF
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ScottF

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 3, 2024
Messages
715
Reaction score
346
Location
Miami
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a copperband in QT with nodules on its mouth. It was eating frozen food aggressively in the store, but hasn't been eating as much since I put it in copper. I've seen it pick at the masstick that I put in its tank every now and then.

I noticed that it has nodules on its mouth and wondered if that could be impacting it's ability to eat and if there is anything (physical removal?) that can be done about it.


20260515_142521.jpg
 
I have a copperband in QT with nodules on its mouth. It was eating frozen food aggressively in the store, but hasn't been eating as much since I put it in copper. I've seen it pick at the masstick that I put in its tank every now and then.

I noticed that it has nodules on its mouth and wondered if that could be impacting it's ability to eat and if there is anything (physical removal?) that can be done about it.


20260515_142521.jpg
This often happens with picking at rocks and glass surfing and should heal on its own
 
I have a copperband in QT with nodules on its mouth. It was eating frozen food aggressively in the store, but hasn't been eating as much since I put it in copper. I've seen it pick at the masstick that I put in its tank every now and then.

I noticed that it has nodules on its mouth and wondered if that could be impacting it's ability to eat and if there is anything (physical removal?) that can be done about it.


20260515_142521.jpg

IDK - that looks pretty severe to me. CBB are pretty picky and anything that might impede feeding is an issue.

Do you think this stems from an injury, or did it grow over time? Lymphocystis sometimes grows on the mouth like that, and that can keep the fish from feeding normally. Do you see any other nodules on the fish's fins?

Don't try physical removal, that will only make it worse......
 
I have a copperband in QT with nodules on its mouth. It was eating frozen food aggressively in the store, but hasn't been eating as much since I put it in copper. I've seen it pick at the masstick that I put in its tank every now and then.

I noticed that it has nodules on its mouth and wondered if that could be impacting it's ability to eat and if there is anything (physical removal?) that can be done about it.


20260515_142521.jpg
A big change from store to QT.
Fast changes always make me think attack.
Anyone else share QT?
 
Actually
A big change from store to QT.
Fast changes always make me think attack.
Anyone else share QT?
Actually Lymphocystis can develop very quickly after a stress event - like a transport for example. I don't know if thats what it is - it's impossible to say with a picture without more history (i.e. - Day 1 we received the fish it was totally normal - Day 7 it had lesions), etc etc. In this case it seems as others have said - a lymphocystis infection - or something else probably viral.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new