• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

CC Supernova BTA

RandyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Up for sale are two original CC (Coral Collection) Supernova bubble tip anemones. Both CC Supernovas measure between 3-3.5" tip-to-tip. I originally received my CC Supernova from Ryan S. at Rising Phoenix Reefs. WYSIWYG. Asking price includes shipping to lower 48 states. Feel free to ask any questions or request other pictures if you would like to see more. Buy with confidence. I have sold and shipped a number of other high-nems including Colorado Sunbursts on r2r. Click here to see my seller feedback.

CC Supernova #1 - [SOLD]
CC_Supernovas_for_sale_20200225_7991.jpg

CC Supernova #2 - [SOLD]
CC_Supernovas_for_sale_20200225_7998.jpg

----------
** Pictures Taken under Radion xr15w Pro G4s with spectrum setting at 18,500K.

** DOA policy: Guaranteed live arrival if shipment received and opened within 2 hours of first delivery attempt. I am not responsible for shipper delays, shipper errors or acts of God. Picture/video of coral or anemone in the bag PRIOR to opening is required as well as after opening. Must provide temperature of water in bag immediately upon opening for DOA purposes. Coral or anemone will be replaced in the event of a DOA if available with a like-sized piece in a reasonable timeframe or the purchase price will be refunded minus cost of shipping. Costs of shipping are the responsibility of buyer.

Payment must be received within 2 hours of agreement to purchase otherwise I reserve the right to move onto another buyer.

Last edited:

Eric Kem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the difference between a super nova and Colorado sunburst? Any side by side pics?

OP
OP
RandyC

RandyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What is the difference between a super nova and Colorado sunburst? Any side by side pics?

Difference is in the striations and markings on the tentacles. Sunburst tend to have longer and thicker lines/striations that are less broken up that can make the color of the tentacle look more solid. Supernovas on the other hand can develop into a more speckled or "dotted" pattern. Also, supernovas can develop a slight green hue to their tips versus a CSB more yellow tip. Occasionally, green speckles will show up through a Supernova tentacle.

I don't have a side by side, but I took these macro photos a while back of a SN and CSB in my tank (this pic is not of this supernova) that you can use for comparison.

CC Supernova
E8B9B1C3-A384-4AFE-B903-7961C88AF1CD.jpeg

CSB
038DAED5-EFB0-4809-96EA-AF8FDB5FDF14.jpeg

Last edited:

Eric Kem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet macro shots and awesome explanation. Do supernovas go through color morphs like sunburst?

OP
OP
RandyC

RandyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet macro shots and awesome explanation. Do supernovas go through color morphs like sunburst?

That's unclear to me. I can only speak to my experience since there isn't as much discussion about CC Supernovas as there are CSBs in the forums/Facebook (especially in respects to color phases). Mine have mostly stayed bright orange or have gone to being red-ish. Similar behavior to my CSBs under my lighting spectrum. My guess is that they could possibly exhibit the same color phase behavior as a CSB.

Pitt84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Highly recommended seller. I bought a few nems and other coral from him. Excellent packing and great communication.

OP
OP
RandyC

RandyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Up close and personal with one of the CC Supernovas for sale.

**Click on the title in the video to watch at YouTube in 1080p to get all the pretty little details of this beautiful BTA.

OP
OP
RandyC

RandyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What can they be mixed with? CSB? Infernos?

My CC Supernovas are currently alone, but they used to be housed with my Colorado Sunbursts and CC Infernos in a SPS dominated reef for about a year without any issues. However, your mileage may vary as some have success mixing and others do not. Some suggest it’s chemical warfare through the water column, some say it’s bacteria to blame. Unfortunately, no one really has a proven answer. Because of this, a number of people that collect high end nems suggest that you don’t mix. I understood the potential risk and decided to mix them anyway and didn’t have any issues, but I definitely had Cipro on hand and a separate tank ready if things did go south.

Last edited:

ndds73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Ryan C. Do you still have that SN nem and what is the price? Thanks.

Back