Center glass brace replace or not?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rpkneumann
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Not a bad deal! Hopefully this holds up for you! Only concern I would have is the pressure on the glass being that it’s only 2” wide vs the original one that was 12” wide or what not… what you have is much more stable without a doubt it’s just more pressure in a smaller area. If the glass isn’t deflecting from the ends to the center you’re prolly alright considering all the rimless tanks today without any support at all!
 
I will watch this with hawk eyes.....
Got the idea from Chris Klien (a Arizona fish store owner) whos has been fixing his tank with even simpler 2" braces.
Chris Kline Youtube
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new