Centrifuge multicolor & Tridacnids

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2021
Messages
20,633
Reaction score
34,651
Location
United Kingdom (England)
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I’ll keep this short. I have a 3’x16”x1’ tank, in this tank I have a plan to keep it heavy with SPS. But I also want to have Atleast one clam (Currently it’s a deresa however this isn’t a longterm deal) in the tank. I would also love to have a Centropyge multicolour however the risk is nipping. So what do you guys think or have you experienced?
A photo of a specimen of the species in question
19A55F40-DCD9-462E-A541-C40FF8BD0176.jpeg

A photo of my current clam (Tridacna deresa)
8EA7CE8C-6FDE-40F8-B3DD-BAB43B5E1407.jpeg
 
A little nipping can be really bad. I had to have the Centropyge flame for its color. Unfortunately it nibbled and killed a several hundred dollar trachaphyllia and stunted many other LPS. The risk is above my budget now that utilities will cost more than mortgage.
 
A little nipping can be really bad. I had to have the Centropyge flame for its color. Unfortunately it nibbled and killed a several hundred dollar trachaphyllia and stunted many other LPS. The risk is above my budget now that utilities will cost more than mortgage.
I figured that as the Multicolor was a deeper water species then they wouldn’t really nip or the risk would be lower than some of the more common cousins such as the lemonpeel, half blacks, flames, Coral Beauties, Midnights ect..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new