Centropyge Argi With Multiple Cirrhilabrus?

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I want to get another fish. I have never had an angel fish and was thinking about a Pygmy Angelfish due to the fact they seem to be the most reef safe fish and that I have a 40 gallon. I have three fairy wrasse, C. Isosceles, C. Rubripinnis (I know the tank is a little small but will be rehousing) and C. Exquisitus. Along with those I have a Ecsenius Midas, Elactinus Oceanops and a Gobiodon Okinawae.
Do you think that a Pygmy Angel will fit in?

The tank has eerything from zoas to SPS. I am not too worried about nipping as I am a good feeder.
Thank you

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being a good feeder doesn't dissuade angels from nipping. Rather it is if it is in the nature of that species or that individual fish. It is hit or miss. You maybe lucky & get that individual pygmy that does not ever nip. Or it may be well behaved, then one day start nipping.
Other members could chime in about the pygmy angel (cherub) **in particular. James Fatherree has a good article online regarding dwarf angels and mentions this angel**.
That being said, post what size tank you will be rehousing your fish into in the future.
The Bellus Angel might be an option in your new larger tank.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back