Chaeto absorbing elements

Randy’s reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming to think of it , chaeto lowers nitrates what if chaeto takes a lot of other good elements that corals may need for better growth/coloration, I have always used chaeto in my previous 4 tanks and always ran into problems with growth I also made sure nitrates stayed around 5-10 and pho’s was about 0.05 , and still didn’t have such great growth and coloration, then I got my new tank and no chaeto and everything has been doing way more better without chaeto coloration and growth wise which has me thinking was chaeto the problem? What do you guys think

all my tanks including the new ones keep all at 8-8.5 , nitrates 5-10 , phos 0.05 temp was the same literally only thing different was tank size and now I’m not using chaeto and the tank is only 4 months growing sps and everything like crazy …..

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know much about the topic but I know chaeto will supposedly absorb iron at least, and maybe more elements but idk. Thats why people who have issues with caheto growth are sometimes recommended to dose iron.

OP
OP
Randy’s reef

Randy’s reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know much about the topic but I know chaeto will supposedly absorb iron at least, and maybe more elements but idk. Thats why people who have issues with caheto growth are sometimes recommended to dose iron.
Hmm yeah I know about iron too but no one ever talks about other elements , maybe some “important” ones??

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm yeah I know about iron too but no one ever talks about other elements , maybe some “important” ones??

There may be more I don't have any idea, I just know iron is the one that gets mentioned frequently.

I've just started using chaeto and I haven't seen any negative effects on my corals health/coloration/growth. Actually my corals are doing good, but I've also made several other changes to my tank recently so those could be the reason and not the chaeto.

OP
OP
Randy’s reef

Randy’s reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There may be more I don't have any idea, I just know iron is the one that gets mentioned frequently.

I've just started using chaeto and I haven't seen any negative effects on my corals health/coloration/growth. Actually my corals are doing good, but I've also made several other changes to my tank recently so those could be the reason and not the chaeto.
Same I was using it and corals were doing well but now even better than ever without it !! My personal experience

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back