Chaeto Trimming and Nitrates

  • Thread starter Thread starter cjpitt80
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
It’s really hard to zero out nitrate.
Are you sure your test results are accurate?
Do your corals look dull with lousy polyp extension?
 
Old thread I know, but I'm having a problem keeping nitrates with my Chaeto. Trimmed or left to fill the chamber doesn't seem to make much difference, it always bottoms out my N03.

I've got the photoperiod down to 6hrs which I believe I read somewhere is the minimum. Should I adjust the photoperiod lower to get nitrates to raise?

Feed more, reduce photoperiod more, reduce intensity with a screen or lower wattage bulb, or dose nitrate. :)
 
Will the Chaeto die if it gets less than 6 hrs of photo period ?
Growth may slow but I don't think it will die. I left some in a bucket for two weeks once when I forgot about it. No light or water and it still looked healthy when I tossed it.
 
Will the Chaeto die if it gets less than 6 hrs of photo period ?

I don't think so. (well, 1 second is less than 6 h, and that would likely kill it lol )
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new