Chalice: Is something eating it?

Blue Ring Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2016
Messages
3,720
Reaction score
1,567
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank used to grow chalices really well until they do not. I purchased this chalice about 2 weeks ago and it was a full plug and now you can see it is almost all gone, yeah the picture sucks but you get the jest of it. What would cause this, no other hard corals only softies. All hard corals goes this way now. Thanks in advance.
 
20250627_104655.jpg
 
Is that a vermetid snail next to it? So I doubt anything is eating it. It is dying, the snail might be causing some damage but it probably is mostly being impacted by sub par water or too much or too little light. Without more information all I can say is that it is not healthy and on its way out
 
Agree it’s not being eaten, it’s deteriorating from water parameters, or lighting, or some kind of stress.

If all hard corals end up like this, I would look into water parameters and trace. My first tests would be alkalinity, calcium, nitrates, and phosphate.
 
Thanks everyone, I will cut to the chase more than likely the water is bad, so I did a 5 gallon water change with Two Little Fishes pre measured bags, it is a IM 25 gallon tank. I will do a test on my parameters I will have to find my test kits, everything got moved and now in different places.
So I will do a 5 gallon water change once a week. Hopefully that is not too much.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new