chalice stung by other coral?

  • Thread starter Thread starter badfinger
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

badfinger

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2009
Messages
169
Reaction score
51
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So first time poster, long time lurker...

I have a chalice that was stung/eaten by my bowerbanki. It happened over the course of 4 hours today, saw it at 12 it was fine, looked again at 4 and half the chailce gone. They have been in the same place for 4 months if not longer. The chalice had 6 eyes, now down to 3 (maybe 1 more but 3 is a good count).

Is there anything I should do? Or just leave it alone? I had this happen several years ago to a coral and let it be and it grew bigger and faster. I posted this on my local forums, but figure I will get a faster answer here. Thank you for your reply in advance
 
When this happens to me, I always dip the infected piece ASAP to help stop R/S TN. If there is still a jelly substance where it was stung, dip and swish.
 
Iodide, loguls solution, or coral rx I have all 3.... it doesn't seem to have any more jelly, when I separated and moved it it was basically skeleton
 
If the disinfectant don't stop it the stn then use super glue to glue the affected area and on to the flesh a lttle
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new