Chalice Sweepers: Couple Pics

reef-lover

Reef Aficionado
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
6
Location
Sunny Florida/Tabago
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FOR THE PEOPLE THAT NEVER SAW CHALICE SWEEPERS BEFORE...FRAGGED A PIECE OF THIS BLUE ALIEN EYE FOR A FRIEND, THE SWEEPERS CAME OUT IN FULL FORCE...
100_6059.jpg

100_6058.jpg

100_6054.jpg
 
Those are the echinos sweeping feeder tentacles. They usually come out at night to collect food. If you have any "plating" lps or acans look at them after the lights are out for alittle while.
 
Very cool pic, Nice job!!! I have heard they pack quite a bunch. Fortunately I have not had anything come in contact with any other corals.
 
wow...reminds me of the reach on galaxea sweeepers. Very cool. I had a chalice of sort sort reach and sting a frag of an a. bowerbanki that was a couple inches away from it. That pic you posted looks to have more reach than that.
 
just curious, how long are the tentacles?
need to figure out how much space i need to leave them
 
The chalice I have has sweepers that come out only sometimes. But WOW great picture and healthy chalice.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new