Chalices- how long should tank be established before adding

Chalice is fairly easy and don't require a ton of light.
Yea thats what I have read. I never had a chalice coral and they are so cool looking. I had no idea they liked low light because they look like a coral that wants high light.
 
Yea thats what I have read. I never had a chalice coral and they are so cool looking. I had no idea they liked low light because they look like a coral that wants high light.
Should be fine at any time.. chalice are classified as LPs and most LPs besides torches and hammers like lower lighting and flow.
 
Should be fine at any time.. chalice are classified as LPs and most LPs besides torches and hammers like lower lighting and flow.
I just looked that up and realized I posted this in SPS. My bad. I had no idea that they were LPS. Aren't they just a stony coral with no moving polyps?
 
SPS/LPS - Chalices are great corals!

1718130878915.jpeg
 
I just looked that up and realized I posted this in SPS. My bad. I had no idea that they were LPS. Aren't they just a stony coral with no moving polyps?
Large polyp stony “LPS” small polyp stony “SPS” idk if the classify the chalice as one large polyp or what lol.. hammers, torches octos etc have large heads vs a chalice with small mouths.
 
I was told by a supplier that it is encrusting, although I've seen it plate in some colonies online. And it'll take me five years for my dime sized frag to find out lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new