Chamber 2 thoughts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Oter292
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Oter292

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2025
Messages
33
Reaction score
8
Location
Tucson
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chamber 1 flows into chamber 2. I bought this tank and didn’t do my proper research as to what I really wanted. I’ve swapped out the long deck filter pads for a more streamlined approach using a sponge and filter floss that I swap out every few days. Chamber 3 has a nano skimmer and it does pretty well. I’m just loosely propping the acrylic blank up against the overflow and would like something more streamlined in the way of water direction. Feedback appreciated. Thanks

IMG_2620.jpeg IMG_2619.jpeg
 
I think that this can work perfectly if you change the filter floss every other day. In my opinion, the sponge can sit there for 3 or max 4 days, depending on the size of the pores.

I would keep it that way and maybe use a filter sock (if one fits in there?).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new