OP
champtain

champtain

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matches perfectly. Now I have to go get a 2” hole saw, measure out everything that will be mounted, and get the grommets put in. At least I have something to do while the tank cycles and I wait on everything to arrive.

611C8E51-8166-43C0-BB1A-C4CABD17E11B.jpeg

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on your Nano, looking really good and love your Frenchie:)

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matches perfectly. Now I have to go get a 2” hole saw, measure out everything that will be mounted, and get the grommets put in. At least I have something to do while the tank cycles and I wait on everything to arrive.

611C8E51-8166-43C0-BB1A-C4CABD17E11B.jpeg

It looks great, when you are finished please come over and design a panel for me. ;)

OP
OP
champtain

champtain

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't rush to stock the tank and it is still early and not totally cycled. I made this mistake and it set me back several weeks.
Not my 1st rodeo, I think my last tank took 2 weeks and that was with sand and rock I got from a buddies tank, I I’m just gonna assume this one could take around 4. Here was my first college tank.

12CDC00E-27EA-40FE-B5FB-03763CCEC5B8.jpeg

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could, but one of my friends already has one set up that I’m going to use. I don’t really have the space, and by “don’t have enough space” I mean the lady would murder me. Lol.

I went through a similar thing with my wife, at first she refused to even put a fish tank in the living room and then she agreed to do a Reefer 170. After many months of campaigning I took her to a LFS and convinced her that we really needed was the Reefer 250 and she finally gave in. Now she loves the tank and talks to the fishes. :)

OP
OP
champtain

champtain

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bit the bullet and bought a DOS and DDR last night. Should be here Tuesday so I can finally finish mounting everything and get the wall installed in the cabinet.

I’ve never dosed before, so this will be new to me. I’m just going to do the 2 part in this tank once I get some SPS. I’m thinking (way ahead) I’d like to get a couple clams too.

As for an ATO, I’m waiting to see how much room I have in the back after I install the probes and probe rack. Anyone have any suggestions on a good one (never used one of these before either).

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions, btw. Happy St. Patrick’s Day! ☘️

85EBB24C-1656-47EA-93DC-33AE0F801C0A.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
champtain

champtain

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I filled my tank with saltwater from the LFS last week because my RODI wasn’t in yet. Checked the salinity today, 1.018. Awesome. So now I’m going to be doing water changes over the next few days to get that corrected. The LFS gave me a bag of salt though, so that was nice.

OP
OP
champtain

champtain

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a 50% water change last night, checked the salinity at lunch today. It's up to 1.02. I think I'm going to do a 5 gallon change today with 1.03 salinity and check it tomorrow. If it's still a little low, which I assume it will be, I will do daily 5 gallon water changes until it's where I want it to be.

Anyone have any other suggestions on how to do this?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back