Change aquascape in established tank!!!!

clowns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have a tank with 2 clowns and anemone
Just added gsp and need to redo aquascape...
Have no idea how to start with it. My current rocks are to big I think.. 20 gal tank
17161372126705081942583266216359.jpg

Malum Argenteum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd get more rock, then stack a bunch on one end for the nem and mushrooms and anything else, then put the GSP on a rock on the other end separated by sand bed Barbed wire and a few armed guards in the DMZ between the two piles would not be unreasonable.

Fungusamongus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would search around for aquascapes and see what you like. Once you have determined what you would like to try, then you can see about the best way to accomplish that goal. I used acrylic rods and reef epoxy. Many good squascapes on R2R.

OP
OP
clowns

clowns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would search around for aquascapes and see what you like. Once you have determined what you would like to try, then you can see about the best way to accomplish that goal. I used acrylic rods and reef epoxy. Many good squascapes on R2R.
Oh, thanks..will check them out

OP
OP
clowns

clowns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd get more rock, then stack a bunch on one end for the nem and mushrooms and anything else, then put the GSP on a rock on the other end separated by sand bed Barbed wire and a few armed guards in the DMZ between the two piles would not be unreasonable.
Lol, I'm new to this. Gsp is on same rock as mushrooms. I got it that way !!

SaltyЯeeferNC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've rearranged my rock more times than I care to admit before being satisfied with the end result. Grab more rock and get creative. I have a 30 gallon with a out 40-45lbs of rock randomly stacked. Just added a few pieces few weeks ago that were in a pico reef that failed miserably lol.

NorCalReefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently in the middle of the “changing the scape in an established reef” scenario and am almost through it. I included the thread below. The difficult thing is changing things too quickly and setting off a chain reaction of unwanted events. In my case, I upset the bacterial balance and dealt with dinos. (Added too much new rock too fast)

The rock work in my tank was done with the BRS superglue and dust/sand from some crushed up rock. There are some cool videos online (YouTube) showing various techniques. Let me know if you have any questions.

Back