Changing from AFR to ESV B ionic

  • Thread starter Thread starter imnotmike
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

imnotmike

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2025
Messages
121
Reaction score
83
Location
Fontana
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the safest way to move from all for reef to 2 part if
You did it how did you do
It?
20260907_203500_EAB1EE36-3085-4A70-9DDD-42A089E49AF0.png
 
I don’t think there is any big concern. I’d just switch over 1:1 potency-wise on day one (it can be calculated), and adjust the ESV up or down as needed (up is most likely due to the pH effect).

You will lose the trace element boosting so you may want to consider a supplement such as Tropic Marin A and K.
 
I switched about a month ago, with ESV B I started with 25% reduced dose and adjusted from there. I switched once I run out of AFR, no transition etc…
For ESV I dose number of small doses through out the day, AFR I did two doses per day.

As Randy mentioned I use TM A and K elements for trace elements…

Good luck,
 
So from the little research I did I swapped from bionic to all for reef and from my understanding bionic is about 1.5-1.6 x as strong as afr so say if your dosing 40 ml of afr I would dose 25ml/hr of part a and part b of bionic

Again I swapped from bionic to afr and almost had to double the dose of afr
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new