Changing from Copper Power to Coppersafe

puccie1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone advise the strength Coppersafe needs to be at I know copper power is 2.5 for 30 days any difference ? Used copper power for the last 3 years with no success wiping out parasite from my DT (fish Only), hoping Coppersafe works better also Hanna Checker fine with copper safe. Thanks

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Can anyone advise the strength Coppersafe needs to be at I know copper power is 2.5 for 30 days any difference ? Used copper power for the last 3 years with no success wiping out parasite from my DT (fish Only), hoping Coppersafe works better also Hanna Checker fine with copper safe. Thanks
Theyre both similar with same treatment regimen. Coppersafe may be a little more effective but not significantly

jimk60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's real hard to keep copper at the proper dose in a display tank. Probably why the Coppersafe is not working.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1, Coppersafe, when measured at the dose listed on the bottle will test out at 2.5ppm. Oddly, the instructions say to dose it at 2 ppm.....

Jay

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back