Changing from ReefLED 50 to ReefLED G2 60

PeachStateReef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2024
Messages
44
Reaction score
30
Location
Augusta, GA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea Max Nano Cube that has been running since April and currently has the stock ReefLED 50. I'm really not happy with the spectrum and lack of that "color pop" in the tank.

I'm considering either switching to the ReefLED G2 60 (more violet and ultraviolet wavelengths) or adding a AI Blade Coral Glow to my existing lighting setup.

Does anyone have any advice as to whether this is reasonably safe to do or which option I should take?
 
Probably the AI Blade GROW since in my experience their lights are dim for me. But they will grow corals for sure. I know it’s PUR vs PAR but I like PAR.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new