Changing from RF1/2 to All for Reef

mythesis

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2024
Messages
451
Reaction score
361
Location
Raleigh
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently, I've reached pretty good stability by dosing 18mL of RF1 and 21mL of RF2. I'd like to move to All-For-Reef because I'm still not seeing great coloration / growth. I'm guessing trace chemicals need replenished.

Alk holding steady in the 9.3-9.6 range and Calcium in the 420's in a 90 gal + sump setup -- I'm using 100 gal as my total water volume in the online calculators.

If I'm doing my math right, 21 mL of RF2 equates to about 0.67 dkH I'm replenishing a day.

Looking at All For Reef calculator, they're suggesting for 100 gal: 18.93 mL will replace 0.28 dkH.

So, does that mean I should do (0.67 / 0.28) * 18.93 = 45 mL?



The initial recommendation is to do the 18.93 and then increase slowly.
 
I’d ignore the initial dosing recommendation and just dose the equivalent alkalinity with 45ml.
 
Currently, I've reached pretty good stability by dosing 18mL of RF1 and 21mL of RF2. I'd like to move to All-For-Reef because I'm still not seeing great coloration / growth. I'm guessing trace chemicals need replenished.

Alk holding steady in the 9.3-9.6 range and Calcium in the 420's in a 90 gal + sump setup -- I'm using 100 gal as my total water volume in the online calculators.

If I'm doing my math right, 21 mL of RF2 equates to about 0.67 dkH I'm replenishing a day.

Looking at All For Reef calculator, they're suggesting for 100 gal: 18.93 mL will replace 0.28 dkH.

So, does that mean I should do (0.67 / 0.28) * 18.93 = 45 mL?



The initial recommendation is to do the 18.93 and then increase slowly.
I am using 26ml per day in a 40 breeder just for reference but depends on your corals. My dkh is 8.2. Its easy but not a cheap route to take
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new