Changing from the Classic Apex to the New Updated Apex?

reef life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Classic Apex controller in place now. I just picked up a new updated version to eventually add the Trident. I was wondering if anyone has changed into the new version from the Classic. If you have, Did you start completely over with setup? Can I use present schedules? Just would like to know before I change out tomorrow. Any feed back would be appreciated.

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Classic Apex controller in place now. I just picked up a new updated version to eventually add the Trident. I was wondering if anyone has changed into the new version from the Classic. If you have, Did you start completely over with setup? Can I use present schedules? Just would like to know before I change out tomorrow. Any feed back would be appreciated.
I did this last year. If I remember correctly you must start over and cannot used a saved settings file from the old apex.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best approach is to save a copy of your Configuration Summary which lists everything in one place, then copy and paste from that Summary to the new Apex. This has to be done one output at a time, but it's way faster than typing everything from scratch and less likely to forget something.

But you need to do things in the proper sequence for this to work:

1. Connect modules to the new Apex one at a time, rename them and their Inputs/Outputs to match the old names (including UPPER and lower case).
2. Rename and configure any Profiles you used.
3. Copy and paste from the Configuration Summary into the new outputs one by one. If you didn't name them properly, and copied text that contains an unknown name, you'll get an error.

For a much more detailed set of instructions, see this FAQ: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sh...ing-from-an-Apex-Classic-to-an-Apex-or-ApexEL

OP
OP
reef life

reef life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best approach is to save a copy of your Configuration Summary which lists everything in one place, then copy and paste from that Summary to the new Apex. This has to be done one output at a time, but it's way faster than typing everything from scratch and less likely to forget something.

But you need to do things in the proper sequence for this to work:

1. Connect modules to the new Apex one at a time, rename them and their Inputs/Outputs to match the old names (including UPPER and lower case).
2. Rename and configure any Profiles you used.
3. Copy and paste from the Configuration Summary into the new outputs one by one. If you didn't name them properly, and copied text that contains an unknown name, you'll get an error.

For a much more detailed set of instructions, see this FAQ: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sh...ing-from-an-Apex-Classic-to-an-Apex-or-ApexEL
Okay, Thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back