Chaoti wrasse success?

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep seeing these pop up and I’m super tempted. I’ve successfully kept other leopard species so I’m familiar with that baseline level of care & difficulty. Last I researched a few years ago people were seemingly able to get these Chaoti adjusted only to lose them for no reason later on. Is anyone doing better with these recently? Thinking since we are seeing them more commonly hopefully people are seeing more success, maybe collection or supply chain has improved etc.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk that there have been great strides. Every success story I've read has always seemed short-lived. There is an odd outlier, but they do seem to be for some reason harder than other leopards
They’re harder than the others due to their place of origin, if you’re in Australia they’re the easiest species but if you’re in the US/UK, those fish are highly jet lagged and when they’re shipped often don’t have the best care - usually not being fed for long periods of time until they hit the LFS. That stress on shipping is often detrimental to the difficulty.

I believe there is the easier side of Cyanide Fishing is now illegal in most of that area - Australia, Japan, Indonesia, Philippines etc.

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been threw 4 of them. The longest Ive kept one was just alittle over a month. I wont be trying another one. I wish you all the luck if ya go for it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back