Charo's Reef Tank - A 250 reefer journal

lviva003

Just Zoas
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2014
Messages
437
Reaction score
32
Location
M.I.A
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Currently I have a 36 bow front tank in which has gone to hell and back for the past three years. Finally I made the choice to upgrade! I bought the tank on Black Friday on my LFS and decided on the reefer 250 tank. I definitely going to change some things about the tank.

First, I will be changing the color of the stand... I just wanted something different and I will be doing a 3M DINOC vinyl to the stand. I have order some samples and I will be letting you guys know which one I have chosen. I've decided to change the color of the stand because I wanted to match the decor of my house. Plus it will be something different.

The only thing that I am working on right now is the aqua scaping.... I got some pvc pipes to support my rocks since I am looking to have some sort of island rocks like the one in Thailand.

Plans of the tank: TBA

IMG_1480869142.572655.jpg
IMG_1480869155.121614.jpg
IMG_1480869180.347812.jpg
IMG_1480869200.027438.jpg
 
Congrats!
 
Nice, definitely a different look with the stand wrapped.
 
Edges were sanded. I ran out of the di noc wrapped so I am waiting for the rest to arrive home tomorrow. I will also do a clear matte spray onto the stand (2 coats). I will also paint the inside of the stand to remove the vinyl from the inside.

I was going to hard plumb the Red Sea reefer but I was told that they ran out of the their fitting. So I removed the plastic fittings from the pvc piles using pvc cement and fire so it can melt and then be removed. I will the plumbing process and pictures will soon follow.
 
Looking great!
 
Update: work has been crazy busy and no fun time.... anyways, I was able to set up the tank... dry [emoji85]
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new