Cheap ATO for 29g

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. Looking for a relatively non expensive auto top off for my 29g. Is there even an option or am I going to have to drop 100 bucks?
If you want an optical sensor, then yes.
Thats the bottom of the barrel cost.

But you can build a relatively easy DIY mechanical ATO for much cheaper.

Drew1600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would NEVER use this product again. Dumped multiple gallons into my sump multiple times (high water level sensor is bogus), causing drastic salinity swings and some really ticked coral.. And yes, the siphon break was installed ABOVE the water line in the ATO container.

Literally don't waste your money.. you'll spend $60 on this trying to save $40, hate it, and end up buying the Duetto or something like it for around $100 a couple months down the road, putting you out even more $$$ in the long run.

Been there done that, no thanks.

OP
OP
Reefbuds

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would NEVER use this product again. Dumped multiple gallons into my sump multiple times (high water level sensor is bogus), causing drastic salinity swings and some really ticked coral.. And yes, the siphon break was installed ABOVE the water line in the ATO container.

Literally don't waste your money.. you'll spend $60 on this trying to save $40, hate it, and end up buying the Duetto or something like it for around $100 a couple months down the road, putting you out even more $$$ in the long run.

Been there done that, no thanks.

OP
OP
Reefbuds

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The duetto is the most prominent one I've seen everywhere I've looked. Very reccomended then
I don't mind dropping money on a product thats worth it
. So much in this industry is overpriced tho so hard to know whats worth without experience

Drew1600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full send the Duetto. I pulled the trigger a couple weeks ago myself after many months of frustration w that point of sale AquaAuto Lite and manual topping. I run a 29 DT w 20 sump & 8g frag tub

jesspal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The duetto is the most prominent one I've seen everywhere I've looked. Very reccomended then
I don't mind dropping money on a product thats worth it
. So much in this industry is overpriced tho so hard to know whats worth without experience
It’s $120 but you can find coupons for a website and snag a deal. It’s a key component to a stable system. I wouldn’t skimp.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back