Cheap protein skimmer

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2019
Messages
2,005
Reaction score
2,546
Location
Fond Du Lac, WI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a lot of nano skimmers and to be honest most of them have been both expensive and perform poorly. I've finally found one I actually think works well enough to recommend and isn't grossly overpriced, and I already was running an airstone in my nano so I didn't even need to add a pump. I'm not in anyway affilated with this, just thought I'd share with the community.

Amazon product ASIN B087JY9RYS
 
89578756-FF3A-44EF-B0B0-514DD95A79CC.jpeg


Installed in my IM 20G tank using a Whisper 20-40G air pump to drive it. The pump is too big for the skimmer even with the included adjustable air valve so I tossed a 2nd one in and that lets me dial it back enough. The glass is too thick for the included mounting bracket but you can attach it to the plastic chamber divider.
 
Last edited:

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 75.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new