Cheapest Coral Online?

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So like everyone I'm always looking for a good deal. I usually always use WWC for all coral purchases because they have an awesome warranty on them, you earn rewards as you buy, and they are trust worthy. I know a lot of people like top shelf aquatics as well, but I have never used them.

I see a lot of people like cherry corals too. They are actually right down the road from me, so I don't use them for online shopping, but they do have nice coral and a very nice, minimalist setup in a small warehouse in an industrial park. Very cool place.

I was searching online just looking for other options and found a place called Coral Cheapskates. Has anyone ever used them before? They are definitely cheap, frags look very small in the pictures but if you're looking for starter frags and don't mind growing them out, this could be a great place to try getting coral before you spend the big money on the big-name brand stores.

What are everyone's thoughts?

OP
OP
thomas_neil

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of good local reefers to buy corals from in Michigan. Check out the live stock market place in Michigan, lots of good options. Let me know if you want any recommendations
I've looked on there, but wasn't really sure where to start. Once I get my new build going I will def. look into that. I've been using my LFS (Oceans and Seas in Roseville) for a lot of my coral. I've been to pruises a couple times, but they are way overpriced IMO.

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wwc probably the furthest thing away from a cheap coral lol. There a lot of cheaper websites that are just as trustworthy. Best bet is to wait for sales or even after sales if you are not picky

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I generally prefer to buy local, as my LFS has some of the best prices available.

I recently purchased a pink flamingo lepto from Tidal Gardens and received a free chalice as well. I won’t compare the pricing to others, but I like the way Tidal Gardens runs their business and the information they provide on the species they sell.

FourPawz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will probably find the cheapest prices on chunky frags from local reefers. That has been my experience. Other than that buy on big sale days or perhaps check out some auctions. I just received a JF Beach Bum monti, JF Aftershock chalice and a Pink Slip acro for $57 from an auction. :cool:

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Aquasd, Frag house corals, and coral collectors, (coral collectors) does little live video auctions on his Facebook page it’s pretty neat, and people bid on corals. He has very good prices too.

fangelillo01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Auctions are the go to for me unless I’m looking for colonies. SBB, Cali Kid. Not cheapest but I realized you get what you pay for. Price is normally based on the size and coloration. I’m an Acan guy lol

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used coral cheapskates. Small frags freshly chopped. Good prices for starter coral, but some will need time to encrust or heal from fragging

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like eBay if I’m after a bunch of frags. Someone like cornbread corals has all his auctions end on Sundays and combines shipping. So if you can sit there and bid the last few seconds of 5-6 auctions of the same seller you come away with a very good deal.

Also your local Craig’s list will sometimes have great deals. Mine has a guy selling dragon soul torch frags for $30 a head

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%

Back