Check my work please!?!? Herbie plumbing!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter MoshJosh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2022
Messages
4,530
Reaction score
4,817
Location
Grand Junction
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I haven't siliconed in the overflow yet, but I included it in the picture so you can see the weir hieght. The instructions I found said to put the main drain 6" below the emergency, but that seemed like a lot so it's 4" in the picture. My biggest concern is that if the corner overflow is not water tight (acrylic siliconed to glass) then tons of water will drain to the sump when the return pump is off!!!

20251213_160602.jpg
 
Just the picture I needed to see how to do the overflow in my 120. Thank you very much. I would be concerned with that as well. I'd recommend doing both sides of the overflow where it touches the tank.
 
Sanded the edges with 220 grit, scraped and cleaned all surfaces with rubbing alcohol, going to use thick layers of aquarium safe silicone, anything I am missing???
 
Sanded the edges with 220 grit, scraped and cleaned all surfaces with rubbing alcohol, going to use thick layers of aquarium safe silicone, anything I am missing???
I don't know what else you could do. I say go for it. Just remember the thicker the silicone the longer it takes to set up. Only advice I got.do both sides in one continuous bead. When I built my sump I marked where the pieces went and silicone along that line, sat the piece in place and then did each side.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new