Check out my 4" filter media replacement on MakerWorld.

OutColdCRNA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2021
Messages
1,296
Reaction score
1,620
Location
shreveport
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a reef hobbyist for about 15 years. upgraded to my dream tank and then a new bug hit. 3D printing. I designed a printed media cup to take the place of my filter socks. just published my design for free on makerworld. would appreciate yall taking a look and would love any feedback!! Super excited to take whats in my mind and be able to print it.

https://makerworld.com/en/models/26...ium-filter-sock-replacement#profileId-2946600
 
Thanks for sharing!
 
Bumping the post so hopefully some new people see my design and can implement in their tanks!!
 
Trying to get two more downloads on my filter model!! Thanks to those who have downloaded already!!
 
Hell yeah, thank you for this. Ill test it out tonight. What did you use to design it?

Im trying to learn CAD just so I can help contribute here.
 
Hell yeah, thank you for this. Ill test it out tonight. What did you use to design it?

Im trying to learn CAD just so I can help contribute here.
I used tinkercad. And a bunch of prototyping and wasted filament haha.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new