Check out my new Shrooms

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never been big into mushrooms, but I've been trying to get some color around the bottom of my tank, so I picked up some shrooms. I got some awesome ones from Ian at Reef Odyssey as well, but don't have a pic yet. These are ones I got from my buddy, I thought they were fantastic:

DSC_2730.jpg

Mr.Firemouth

FIREMOUTH WIZARD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some cool colored shrooms to as i am a big fan. I have 2 polyps of this morph and enjoy them greatly!
I will try to post some pics soon.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My others that I got in are blue and red, mostly blue I think. They are pretty nice as they came from Reef Odyssey. Hopefully they grow pretty good.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got pics of my other ones, they are macro though, but you get the idea. Still trying to figure out how to get more of it in focus, but they turned out ok still.

DSC_2833.jpg

DSC_2834.jpg

DSC_2838.jpg

Acroholic

There is no substitute.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumpy little things, aren't they. I usually kill shrooms, like the green and red ones, as they can really be a pian with SPs, but I just bought one called Acid Trip Mushroom. It is orange, Red and has green spots. Tiny 'lil thing for what I paid, but it looks cool.

I think I have some like in the first pic of the first post, Rhodactis right?

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumpy little things, aren't they. I usually kill shrooms, like the green and red ones, as they can really be a pian with SPs, but I just bought one called Acid Trip Mushroom. It is orange, Red and has green spots. Tiny 'lil thing for what I paid, but it looks cool.

I think I have some like in the first pic of the first post, Rhodactis right?

Yeah, I think so. I got them from Reef Odyssey a few weeks ago. They look pretty nice, and I added to get some color around the bottom

Henry C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice score!!!! Your marco shots are great!!!!

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice score!!!! Your marco shots are great!!!!

Thanks, I'm still working on them, but I've been just using Auto on the camera since I didn't have time to figure out all the manual settings. Hopefully they'll get better and I can get that whole picture into focus. Now that would be a great pic :)

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they might be rics, also I found great color on the sand bed to be fungies and scolly's there are some out there that are true gems

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they might be rics, also I found great color on the sand bed to be fungies and scolly's there are some out there that are true gems

Yeah, I don't know exactly what they are. I just liked them, so I ordered them. Names are that big of a deal to me, but I do like the rare stuff as well.

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those are some pretty sweet shrooms. I wish i would have got some like that when i first started instead i got the plain ones and now hate em and wihs i could get htem out of my tank which has shown to be a lot tougher than what i wish it was

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I was looking for rics, but I found those and added to my order last minute. The orange ones in the first pic are ones I got from my buddy.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those superman rhoddactis. I am more a yuma person but still love all mushrooms

I'm not sure honestly. I got them from Reef Odyssey, and asked him to add onto the order last minute. Regardless, I do like them :)

Kathleen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like all mushrooms. I am thinking of adding St Thomas next. Never heard of an Acid Trip Mushroom. Might have to research that one a bit to find out what it looks like.

raymond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the close ups of the rics are always cool looking, live aquaria has these purple rics i just ordered hope they look as good in my tank as those ones do in yours

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those tings look really sweet when the main lights go off, and just the atintics are on, those can really glow

Yeah, I can't wait to see them once I get my blue LEDs for supplementation. Should really help those colors pop on my pictures :)

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the close ups of the rics are always cool looking, live aquaria has these purple rics i just ordered hope they look as good in my tank as those ones do in yours

Yeah, those shapes and stuff on them are really cool looking, and you can really only see them with a macro lens.

Back