Check out my new Shrooms

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i did some trading around, I added a extra atintic fixture and a couple of led moon lights to my tank , made a hugh difference in the color

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i did some trading around, I added a extra atintic fixture and a couple of led moon lights to my tank , made a hugh difference in the color

Nice, it'll be my first ever in 6+ years running a tank that I'll have actinics running. I figured that I could turn them on and off at leisure, so I could just use them for pics or whatever if I didn't like them on all the time.

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my atintics come on a hour before my main lights, the run my main lights for 9 hours, the just my atintics for 2- 3 hours, the last couple of hours are set so I can watch the tank when I get home and are winding down, with all my lights on, it almost hurts your eyes after about 10-15 min,

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One big reason I got them was to light up my tank after my lights went off, so even I didn't like them as supplements, I'll use them to blast the tank with blue when the halides come on, granted that they are bright enough. I have been getting a lot of colorful wrasses, so I would like to see them under some blues :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back