Check out these beauties!

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2010
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
363
Location
Raleigh, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this acan frag and goni. I have never seen a Goni like this. Have I been living under a rock? I wish I could take a picture to show how bright these guys are in person. The pink on the Goni is insane and the green just pops!​

_-2-2.jpg

_-6.jpg
 
Do gonis survive long-term these days? I think they're awesome.
 
I had a plain green one for over a year before I traded it to someone.
 
I have had my red Goni For a year and a half and my buddy kept it for awhile before i got it. It is Purple center not green But super bright. Seem to like lower light :)
 
Why were these thought to be so impossible to keep just a few years ago? What has changed that has helped people to keep them?
 
IMO its the type of them that has changed. i truly don't think the true "flowerpot" green (IMO ugly as heck) goni's have gotten any easier to keep in captivity, but in the same breath, i seem to hear more and more stories of reefers keeping the original green ones for years with barely any issues. the red and purples and blues that have been popping up lately, I THINK are slightly diff species than the original ones that we know, and its shown by the length of polyps, shape of each head, and even the tips looking different. i even dealt with a few "jewel" goni's that were a decent color but didn't have "fingers" that extended over a qtr of an inch, and i found out that's basically how they look.

in no way at all am i saying all this from anything else than opinion and my own research and experience, so take it with a grain of salt. but with aquaculturing much much more prominent in this day and age, i feel so many of the gorgeous ones, much like forrealb50's, have more likely than not been cut from a colony that has been in captivity for a while, which also started as a frag from a captive colony, and so on and so on; instead of jus being plucked right out the ocean and ending up in a home tank. this is probably why we have seen such crazy "rainbow" and nice yellow colors that were jus nonexistent a few years ago.

that piece u have is beautiful, and i hope it survives for many many years, nice pickups!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new