Check valve install on Rio Hyper Flow pump

  • Thread starter Thread starter h2pvnus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
What is the capacity of the sump? It looks to be around 20 gallons or so which should be able to contain any backflow if it is operating around 2/3 full which it looks like the baffle on the return section appears to be set at. How full are you running it? What size is your display, length and width?

Where are your returns plumbed at? Photos would help.
 
A photo would definitely help. I have two returns with a small hole drilled under the 90º elbow. The drains are set so that only a small amount of water back flows. If we see what your sump and lines look like I'm sure we can come up with a plan to ease your mind.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new