Checkup on hammer that had BJD

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Checking in on thought for my hammer that had BJD. I lopped off the head that was affected and gave it a Cipro bath. This was several weeks ago. No heads have come down with BJD again, but they also have not been happy heads, and the skeletons look a bit weird to me. What do you think? Is there something wrong with the skeletons?
PXL_20240217_013159698.MP.jpg

Alk has been 6-7dKh for a while now. I keep raising AFR, but the corals keep eating more. It is up to 30mL per day.

NO3 is chronically low but above zero. Usually>0, but less than 2ppm and often <1ppm. I feed heavily. Most corals are growing at a fast clip, with the exception of the hammer, the octo and the torch--torch and octo are behaving normally, just not growing new heads ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PO4 has been tracking nicely in the 0.06ppm range. I don't use any GFO or the like unless it goes up to 0.1ppm or higher. Last time was around Thanksgiving I think.

Ca/Mg, don't check. I pump so much AFR in I don't think it's a problem.

I run carbon changed out every two weeks due to leathers and nems.

No skimmer. UV off. Just filter floss. Flow is a Maxspect xf330 gyre and dual MightyJet return pumps (538gph apiece).

Hammer is under Noopsyche K7 Minis and getting up to 200 PAR at peaks

Could the hammer be unhappy due to parameters--maybe the other corals are sucking up nutrients faster than the euphyllia? Lighting? Flow?

Pic of the tank:
PXL_20240217_023811217.jpg

Thanks for your input!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back