Cheesy aquascape?

Love it or Hate it?

• Total voters

Ladybug5234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you guys feel about this scape? The castle has been completely covered in coraline algae! To me, it's one of those double-take things people mistake for live rock. What do you guys think?

cdf1e047.jpg

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is that thing in the shape of a soda can on the right side of the house?

It looks neat. If I had a massive tank I would put it in there in a tucked away place.

OP
OP
Ladybug5234

Ladybug5234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris pm sent re lights.

Loki, it's a small glass bottle totally covered with meteor shower. I put it there in the hopes that it'll spread onto the castle.

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it cool, but I wouldn't put it in my tank or it's longevity of cool would probably wear off quick in my mind, for me. I try to go for the natural look, albeit it's rare to pull off in anyone's tank really. I love Paul B's tank.. have you seen it? He's got bottles, planters, etc.. interesting to look at!

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks cool. Question is do you like? I do believe that each person's tank is in a way am expression of themselves. If at the end of the day you enjoy it than I would leave it.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I said hate it, but its your tank. Its not something I think is cool - but that doesnt mean its not right for you, and at the end of the day all that matters is that your livestock is healthy, and that you like the way it looks.

2bafish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cool thing about saltwater tanks is that your keeping a piece of the ocean in your home. Like cutting out a piece of ocean live. Unfortunately you wont find castles in the ocean. Or any other freshwater decorations. I personally dont like any of those things in saltwater aquariums. Takes away from the natural beauty. My 2 cents :)

bige

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cool thing about saltwater tanks is that your keeping a piece of the ocean in your home. Like cutting out a piece of ocean live. Unfortunately you wont find castles in the ocean. Or any other freshwater decorations. I personally dont like any of those things in saltwater aquariums. Takes away from the natural beauty. My 2 cents :)

That's not necessarily true. There are places in the ocean where statues have been sunken to cover in coral. Or tanks or decommissioned ships. I would just consider this a man made reef.

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Sponge Bob figurine in my tank until it got covered in coraline, I took it out because it ended up looking like just a square.

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't ever put it in my tank, Although a few years back I had an OLD glass coke bottle that I pulled outta the ocean while snorkeling and I put it in my tank and it was COMPLETELY covered from top to bottom with leptastrea and star polyp's and it was actually really cool

So while me and other may not like it, WE dont have to only you have to since it is your tank to decorate however you wish and however makes you enjoy the tank/hobby

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

While you may not find plastic castles I can tell you from first hand experience that you WILL find all sorts of junk in the ocean with corals growing well all over it, Life will and does find a way to survive and thrive!

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back