Cheetos anyone?

Phudeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone around Bellevue or LaVergne trimming their Chaetos soon? I’m setting up my refugium. Thanks

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone selling Chaetos?
I might have some that has grown back in my large tanks sump. I Moved away from cheato and started doing graciliria, but I never could get all the cheato, so there maybe a new ball in there. I will let ya know this evening if there is.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about a softball size clump that has grown back from a few strands lol. I also have a ton of graciliria if you want some for your fuge. It is about time to thin this sump out as my nitrates have about bottomed out again lol.

4EDB869C-F582-457B-AEFC-AF1CCE517B23.jpeg

5B571E48-5C50-402D-9961-4E817A045C7D.jpeg

OP
OP
P

Phudeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll take some Chaetos, not familiar with the other stuff. Where are you locate?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in Eagleville aka middle of nowhere lol, but I work in Murfreesboro and can bring it with me to work. I have a tank at work i can float the bag in for the day to maintain temp, so no worries there.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might have some that has grown back in my large tanks sump. I Moved away from cheato and started doing graciliria, but I never could get all the cheato, so there maybe a new ball in there. I will let ya know this evening if there is.
What made you decide to move from chaeto to graciliria? I have not had luck in the past with chaeto and was thinking of attempting a different macro algae.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What made you decide to move from chaeto to graciliria? I have not had luck in the past with chaeto and was thinking of attempting a different macro algae.
I have a ton of tangs and they love it. It also grows as fast as cheato, if not faster for me. One thing I have noticed, it does not consume as much P04 though. Which is fine as I do not have an issue with P04.

Idoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ton of tangs and they love it. It also grows as fast as cheato, if not faster for me. One thing I have noticed, it does not consume as much P04 though. Which is fine as I do not have an issue with P04.
Nice...i think I'll give graciliria a try then! Let me know when you have to trim yours back and I'll get some from from you to try. Btw... the finger leather i got from you acoke weeks ago is doing very well so far!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice...i think I'll give graciliria a try then! Let me know when you have to trim yours back and I'll get some from from you to try. Btw... the finger leather i got from you acoke weeks ago is doing very well so far!
Awesome and I should be trimming this weekend, as the sump is full lol.

Idoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome and I should be trimming this weekend, as the sump is full lol.
I'll have to see if i can get away this weekend. The kid has a soccer tournament! Im not going to be able to make the Whytlyn trip!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back