Chemi Clean in Sps

  • Thread starter Thread starter Biglurr54
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Biglurr54

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2017
Messages
986
Reaction score
432
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is on point right now. I have great growth and my colors are amazing. I have cyano bact on my sand bed and I'm sick of looking at it. I've vacced it up, I've stirred it, changed uv bulbs, increases flow, massive water changes, nothing gets it out.

I usually let it run its course and it eventually disappears but it hasn't this time. I hate adding anything to the tank that's not a normal routine additive.

Is chemiclean safe to use of will the corals react to it? I'd rather avoid it if I could but I'm at the point where something needs to be done.

Tank info:
175 display primarily sps, 200g total water volume, algae reactor and water change for nutrient control.

Alk: 8.34
Calc 435
Nitrate 12
Po4 0.20

MVIMG_20200420_190718.jpg
IMG_20200420_190922.jpg
IMG_20200420_190925.jpg
IMG_20200428_164858.jpg
 
I have used chemiclean in sps dominant tank before without issues. Be sure to follow dosing instructions (don't overdose) and keep good aireation.
 
Don’t do it! Some report no issues while others have had total losses. I’ve learned the hard way, multiple times, that miracle in a bottle solutions can and will kill your corals even if some report success. I choose not to roll the dice with my tanks. Just be patient, keep vacuuming and doing water changes and it’ll go away.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new