Chemi-Clean Mess

Addicted2Acro

https://www.instagram.com/sweetsreef/
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2025
Messages
181
Reaction score
60
Location
Minneapolis
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all I have a nasty Cyano outbreak and dosed Chemi-clean to deal with it after trying bacteria and coral snow for a while. Corals were all looking fantastic pre-chemiclean. Acro polyp extension was great and euphyllia looked great also. After chemi-clean acros are closed up and so are the hammers. Torches look ok but not as good. I just did a 25% water change and ran some carbon along with UV. Should I be doing anything else and is this normal? Also.....cyano is still the exact same, which sucks.
 
Yes this is normal. They dont look happy for a few days then they will look better than eve followed by good growth.
 
Should I wait to dose more chemi-clean until they are looking better? I had to do this once before and first dose of chemi-clean did nothing and second dose cleared everything out right away.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new