Chemi Pure and Aluminium removal

Jamiem1976

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 13, 2022
Messages
47
Reaction score
15
Location
Norwich
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone

I had an icp test come back and showed elevated level of aluminium. Believe it or not these levels are DOWN by a 100 on the previous test I had 2 years ago.

I have a fluval Evo about 2.5 years old, have a few soft corals, hammers and anemones and only running the bags of fluval carbon which I change fortnightly and a bag of phos remover as I had a slight issue with algae which seems to have subsided.

I am looking into the Chemipure range to sustain the tank, would I be right in thinking the elite will help with the removal of the aluminium and the blue would do basically what my carbon and phosphate remover is currently doing?
17185334042805745463300667034741.jpg



Screenshot_2024-06-16-11-18-29-89_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
 
Hi everyone

I had an icp test come back and showed elevated level of aluminium. Believe it or not these levels are DOWN by a 100 on the previous test I had 2 years ago.

I have a fluval Evo about 2.5 years old, have a few soft corals, hammers and anemones and only running the bags of fluval carbon which I change fortnightly and a bag of phos remover as I had a slight issue with algae which seems to have subsided.

I am looking into the Chemipure range to sustain the tank, would I be right in thinking the elite will help with the removal of the aluminium and the blue would do basically what my carbon and phosphate remover is currently doing?
17185334042805745463300667034741.jpg



Screenshot_2024-06-16-11-18-29-89_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Here are Randy’s thought.

https://reefs.com/magazine/chemistry-and-the-aquarium-aluminum-in-the-reef-aquarium/
 
I would try and see where you’re getting the aluminum from. Do you have city water?
My salt water is purchased from my LfS, always have since day one.

Could mechanical parts such as wavemaker/pump/heater leech aluminium? What about a floating frag plug which uses a magnet?
 
My salt water is purchased from my LfS, always have since day one.

Could mechanical parts such as wavemaker/pump/heater leech aluminium? What about a floating frag plug which uses a magnet?
Did you read that article by Randy? Explains an awful lot
 
Do you have Marinepure ceramic media in the system?

The plates or balls.They make all kind of shapes now, I suppose
 
I would not be sure ChemiPure is going to remove aluminum, but it might. They weirdly claim their product turns red when binding aluminum, which is not sensible as there are no read aluminum compounds unless the compound is red before aluminum binds to it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new