Chemical filtration - chemipure blue

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now the only chemical filtration I use is a bag of chemipure blue in each sock.

Is there a better/cheaper alternative? Or something I can make myself? TIA

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SeaKlear for Phosphates
If your running RO/DI what do you need anything else for chems?

Justiful

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purigen + a good quality matrix carbon. Purigen can be re-used many times and is EASY to tell when it needs changed, it goes from white, lightbrown, darkbrown. By far the cheaper alternative. You can also consider getting a GFO reactor or adding another media bag for phosguard if carbon alone isn't cutting it for reducing phosphates.

Chemiblue is a matrix carbon and a synthetic similar to purigen all in one. Good for people with limited space for adding media, which doesn't sound like you.

Make sure to RINSE whatever media you use for 2-5 minutes in a sink or whatever before placing in tank.

OP
OP
shoelaceike

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SeaKlear for Phosphates
If your running RO/DI what do you need anything else for chems?

I like it to remove toxins....either if something gets in the tank or chemical warfare from corals....I have a lot of soft coral

OP
OP
shoelaceike

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purigen + a good quality matrix carbon. Purigen can be re-used many times and is EASY to tell when it needs changed, it goes from white, lightbrown, darkbrown. By far the cheaper alternative. You can also consider getting a GFO reactor or adding another media bag for phosguard if carbon alone isn't cutting it for reducing phosphates.

Chemiblue is a matrix carbon and a synthetic similar to purigen all in one. Good for people with limited space for adding media, which doesn't sound like you.

Make sure to RINSE whatever media you use for 2-5 minutes in a sink or whatever before placing in tank.

Thank you! I don't want a reactor as I want to keep my set up simple..ish lol.... I'll check the others out

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back