Cherry Corals Presents... Polyppalooza! Dec. 29 & 30th!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Comic_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the Dendro to come out with some feeding. I've wanted one since I started reefing two years ago. Best birthday present!
20190109_215459.jpeg

CWR24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a handful of nice frags to add to the Zoa/Paly garden I'm working on coming in the morning.

Just tracked it into Rockford, IL a few hours ago and will probably arrive at my local facility by about 5am.

With Cherry Corals using UPS for shipping and me working there and living less than 2 minutes drive away and being on vacation this week, I'll probably stroll in to the building around 6am and pick it off the drivers truck who covers my house. That way no chance for a mixup and won't have to wait for him to come and can get started acclimating and then affixing them to the rock work I have planned.

First time buying from @Cherry Corals and they definitely seem to have offered some quality pieces at very reasonable prices. Can't wait to take a look!!

aquaman99

Live Sale Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those poor guys have it rough with the government shutdown
Top Shelf Aquatics. *looks away* I may have done their live sale also... I have an addiction.
I've got a handful of nice frags to add to the Zoa/Paly garden I'm working on coming in the morning.

Just tracked it into Rockford, IL a few hours ago and will probably arrive at my local facility by about 5am.

With Cherry Corals using UPS for shipping and me working there and living less than 2 minutes drive away and being on vacation this week, I'll probably stroll in to the building around 6am and pick it off the drivers truck who covers my house. That way no chance for a mixup and won't have to wait for him to come and can get started acclimating and then affixing them to the rock work I have planned.

First time buying from @Cherry Corals and they definitely seem to have offered some quality pieces at very reasonable prices. Can't wait to take a look!!
You don't QT?

CWR24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Shelf Aquatics. *looks away* I may have done their live sale also... I have an addiction.

You don't QT?

If you are meaning for two weeks to a month or so......no. I'll get them unboxed and do a dip and check them over. Put them in my frag tank for a short time today and start working with them if they are fine, which I'm sure they'll be.
Then if I do my scheme later I'll put them into the regular tank.

I use some caution but don't drive myself nuts the way others do. Never had an issue be it with a fish or coral in all my years in hobby. And believe me I'm no pro with it by any means.

CWR24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are meaning for two weeks to a month or so......no. I'll get them unboxed and do a dip and check them over. Put them in my frag tank for a short time today and start working with them if they are fine, which I'm sure they'll be.

I use some caution but don't drive myself nuts the way others do. Never had an issue be it with a fish or coral in all my years in hobby. And believe me I'm no pro with it by any means.

Now.....time to check that tracking and see if my little gems are nearby. :)

aquaman99

Live Sale Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I never really thought QT was necessary coming from freshwater for many years until I started a planted tank. I learned my lesson with pond snails. I still see them pop up every now and again in my fresh tank. Even after almost a year of treatments, predator introduction and other methods. If I can completely control what goes into my SW tank, I will be happy. That includes which good hitch hikers to add too.

CWR24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never really thought QT was necessary coming from freshwater for many years until I started a planted tank. I learned my lesson with pond snails. I still see them pop up every now and again in my fresh tank. Even after almost a year of treatments, predator introduction and other methods. If I can completely control what goes into my SW tank, I will be happy. That includes which good hitch hikers to add too.

Well hopefully we won't have any issues. As for now I have to venture down the street and get my goodies.....as they have arrived just a short time ago as I anticipated.

Back with ya' later.

aquaman99

Live Sale Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YAY! Looking forward to pics! Mine come tomorrow. Today is all about the prep for acclimation to the QT for me.

arnallop3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are from my haul. Very impressed w the packaging and quality of frags will definately buy again. I am also happy to inform I got a cute lil hitch hiker...a brittle starfish [emoji7][emoji23]
02ea6caa44990be304e063bc542fe118.jpg

Comic_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are from my haul. Very impressed w the packaging and quality of frags will definately buy again. I am also happy to inform I got a cute lil hitch hiker...a brittle starfish [emoji7][emoji23]
02ea6caa44990be304e063bc542fe118.jpg
Someone likes Zoas/Palys I think. Lolol. Nice haul!

dugthefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question: my package was delivered this morning, had a friend stop by and put the box in the house. Corals be better off in the box until this evening when I get home, or should I have her float the bags in the tank for 6-7 hours?

Comic_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question: my package was delivered this morning, had a friend stop by and put the box in the house. Corals be better off in the box until this evening when I get home, or should I have her float the bags in the tank for 6-7 hours?
Mine delivered and put inside at 1030am and i didn't dig into my box until after I got off work at 430pm and everything was on fantastic shape and were even open in the bags.

dugthefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine delivered and put inside at 1030am and i didn't dig into my box until after I got off work at 430pm and everything was on fantastic shape and were even open in the bags.
That's good, my boss decided to come to town this afternoon which always means drinks until 6 or 7pm. So I'm not exactly sure how soon I'll get to it.

aquaman99

Live Sale Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess who just heard a knock at the door! I'm so excited. I need a win. I had a RR Kendari from last weeks live sale delivery(different company) and I woke up to it completely RTN. I seriously cried. I'll be posting pics of this shipment later today.

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Depending on how your overflow system works and how many frags you bought I would or wouldn't based off that. I once placed the bags in and went to work to came back to a wet floor. If you have enough floating bags they can block the overflow.

If their in the box and your house is room temperature, that's plenty good.

OP
OP
Acro76

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Floating in the tank with the lights off would probably be best.

OP
OP
Acro76

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on how your overflow system works and how many frags you bought I would or wouldn't based off that. I once placed the bags in and went to work to came back to a wet floor. If you have enough floating bags they can block the overflow.

If their in the box and your house is room temperature, that's plenty good.

Very good point!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back